Wow, I can’t believe it’s already 2018! I can remember writing my resolutions post last year at my in-laws’ house! It’s so crazy how time flies. I feel like it goes by even faster now that I have a kid, I don’t know why haha. I love the beginning of the new year because it feels like a clean slate where you can reflect on the previous year while also realizing what you need to change or what goals you should set going forward. I love to get re-organized and figure out a game-plan for work, and just life in general. Feeling organized is the best feeling ever to me so here are my 10 resolutions to make this year the best it can be!
1. Read more books! I currently have a huge a stack of books on my “to-read” list at home. My issue with reading books is usually when I’m crawling in bed I’m tempted to relax and watch tv instead of read, so I need to break that habit.
2. Learn Lightroom. I’ve been wanting to buy Adobe Lightroom for my blog pictures and really learn how to work it. It can be a really useful tool if you learn how to work it the right way!
3. Work out. This is on my list every year because I never really work out in December ever ha ha. We are always traveling and there’s so much yummy food to be eaten!! Come January I’m always wanting to get back on track with my fitness.
4. Organize my house. I’m wanting to clean out Aria’s room, old clothes and toys to make room for the new items she got for Christmas
5. Paint my kitchen cabinets! This has been on our project list for a while. We have really dark brown kitchen cabinets and I’ve been wanting to get them painted white to brighten up our space. We have brown cabinets and brown floors so everything is very dark. I’m ready to renovate that space!
6. Dive into my faith more. I work most Sunday mornings so we haven’t gone to church in a really long time. Since we don’t go, I would really love to start reading my bible more on my own and reflecting on my faith with God this year. It’s been a very busy two years but I’m hoping this year isn’t as hectic as the last two. I’ve been getting a Faith subscription box with books and journals that I’m really excited to start using!
7. Be a better wife. This is very personal for me to write but I feel like it’s necessary for me to actually type out. I want to be a better wife to Blake in a lot of ways and I want us to start a marriage devotional together. I have no problem putting all of my effort into being a great mom but sometimes I need help being a great wife. I think it’s hard for new moms to realize that their husbands still need their attention after they have kids because we are so exhausted from giving our all to our babies. I’m going to work at finding a balance between the two this year.
8. Regulate how much TV I watch. This goes back to what I said earlier about wanting to read more books! Sometimes tv gets in the way of that, ha ha. I LOVE my shows though so I know that will be a hard habit for me to break.
9. Make more money blogging. I LOVE blogging, as most of you know, and I’m dying to make it my full-time job but I know I have a long way to go before that happens. I make a little bit right now but since I’m a SAH mom it would be nice to make a little more! On top of the blog and “momming” all day, I also work part-time in both of my parents’ businesses. It’s hard to fit in everything I want to do during the day for all of the jobs I do but somehow I’m going to figure out how to grow this little hobby of mine and make more money than I’ve ever made with it this year!
10. Prepare for baby #2! It’s about that time again and I don’t know if I’m ready or not but being the type of person I am, I like to have a plan with big things like this. Plus, I want Aria to have a sibling close to her in age. I’m not sure when this year we want to get pregnant but we are hoping to definitely do that this year.
What are your resolutions for the new year?! I would love to hear one of them in the comments below! I’m excited to start the new year off on the right foot! Here’s to 2018!!