Everyone needs their alone time and if you’re a mom like me you know this is how you stay sane! Today I’ve put together a little list of things I do when I need some “me-time.” I try to do at least one of these everyday so that I can be a better wife and mom to Aria and Blake.
1. Take a bubble bath! I crave bubble baths especially after a long day. When I can, I lock myself in my bathroom, listen to music, drink some wine and soak for probably way too long haha. It always makes me feel relaxed and ready for a good night’s sleep.
2. Read a book. I’m not a huge book-reader but I try/ want to be… if that makes sense haha. I love reading if I love the story. Give me all the romance novels, please! Here are some books I’ve read or heard were amazing!
3. Work on a hobby. For me it’s anything creative. Blogging is one of my hobbies so when I want to escape I go work on my blog. I also like to take on projects from my DIY board on Pinterest. 🙂
4. Organize something. This may not be for everyone but I really enjoy organizing. It’s therapeutic for me!
5. Watch one of my favorite shows… with popcorn! By now, you probably know how much I like to watch my favorite shows and movies (see my netflix faves here) and somehow if I add some buttered popcorn it makes it a little more official haha.
6. Some retail therapy! Even if it’s just window shopping, I always find this relaxing 🙂
Speaking of retail therapy, these are my favorite pieces I’ve seen online recently! Have fun and thanks for stopping in to read!